There’s something to be said for being one of the last in our group of friends to have a baby. We have been lucky with donations of pretty much everything we could possibly need. But Pea will need some treats of its own and I have found that baby shopping offers a great opportunity to indulge my love of all things giraffe.
Giraffes have become a favourite animal for the hubby and me. I know the obsession came about during a trip to Moscow zoo on our first holiday together but I’m not really sure how it stuck around – might have something to do with the tall gangliness! Anyway, we now find ourselves pointing out giraffes wherever they crop up, which is surprisingly often.
Putting together a giraffe wish list may take the giraffe craze to a whole new level, but there are so many gorgeous jungle / giraffe themed baby products available these days, I’m starting to think that I may not be alone.
1. Sophie la girafe Baby Starter Kit – I don’t know what it is about luxury baby bath time items but I can’t help it. With a giraffe theme to add to the mix, these would be a real treat, not only for Pea, but for me too!
2. Jungle Friends Muslin Squares – These match our changing mat and the jungle creatures are such lovely colours that they make an otherwise plain baby must have just a little bit beautiful.
3. Sophie la girafe So Pure Teether – The essential baby item these days, and it just happens to be a giraffe.
4. How Do Giraffes Take Naps? The question on every baby’s lips of course!
5. Cute Giraffe Themed 2 Tier New Baby Nappy Cake Baby Shower Gift – This is a little indulgent but I think it would make a great gift for a newborn and would make a new mumma smile!
6. CHIC*MALL Summer Giraffe Baby Clothes – The sunshine colours of these caught my eye. Perfect for our summer baby.
7. Little Giraffe Finger Puppet Book – What a cute way to introduce the Pea to giraffes and reading at the same time.
9. Safari Building Blocks – Something for Pea a few months down the line but the colours and shapes of these building blocks look like they will bring hours of fun. And being wooden toys, they are quiet as well – bonus!
Aside from all things practical, which items are you hankering after to spoil your newborn? Leave a comment to let me know.
*This post contains affiliate links.