Swollen ankles, feeling heavy, getting overly hot and sweaty every time you try to do anything strenuous – sound familiar? If you are pregnant you are probably not rejoicing in the sunshine but trying anything to keep cool.
It’s been over 30 degrees in Manchester today and, at almost 38 weeks pregnant, I’ve been doing everything I can to stay as comfortable as possible.
Here are 10 things you can try
1. Drink lots. I always have a glass of water by my side but when I fancy something a bit more exciting I am loving cranberry juice with sparkling water straight out of the fridge. It’s really refreshing and significantly less sickly sweet than many other soft drinks.
2. Ice lollies.
3. Lie on the sofa with your feet propped up on cushions and an ice pack. It’s really helping to keep my swollen ankles under control.
4. Open the window and use a fan to circulate the air.
5. Put something cold around your neck. This body wrap is amazing. You can put it in the freezer and it has a relaxing lavender scent.
6. Avoid being outside for too long during the hottest parts of the day.
7. Wear loose fitting clothes.
8. Take cool showers.
9. Sit with your feet in cool water.
10. Make sure you take lots of breaks to give yourself a chance to cool down.
And, if you want to find something good about the heat this year, use the opportunity to wash all your baby clothes and bedding. It’s amazing how many loads of washing you can get through when the sun dries everything in the space of a few hours.
Do you have any top tips? Please share them in the comments below and help out an uncomfortable pregnant lady or two!
*This post contains affiliate links